A couple of decades ago, CBD oil was only available in the form of an oil. Today, however, there is a large variety of products that use CBD oil as an active ingredient, providing the user with a variety of benefits due to the potent medicinal properties that this oil possesses. By understanding how the different types of products available on the market today compares, you can make a better choice when it comes to buying a CBD oil product for the first time. In this guide, we’ll consider the different types of processes that can be used to extract oil from hemp and other cannabis plants. We will also provide an overview of the most popular CBD oil product types that you will find on the market in the modern day. We’ll explore the particular uses of each and also point out the pros and cons of each product type.
Understanding The Different Types Of CBD Oil
The first thing to understand about CBD oil is that there are different types of methods that can be used to extract the oil from the plant. Some options are stronger than others. Some are extracted from hemp and others from Marijuana. Let’s take a look at some of the most popular and top options when it comes to discussing the best CBD oil types.
- Rick Simpson Oil – Often referred to as RSO on the label of a product. Rick Simpson Oil is often considered most useful when opting for CBD oil for its numerous medicinal properties. The method used include an alcohol/hydrocarbon solvent, which is used to wash extracts from the desired plant. This leads to a higher concentration of cannabinoids in the solution. The final product usually features a very dark color.
- Supercritical CO2 Oil – Another option that has become quite popular. The Supercritical CO2 extraction method uses high pressure in order to extract oil from the hemp or Marijuana plant. This is a safer extraction option, but also a more expensive type of CBD oil.
- Butane Honey Oil – Sometimes called BHO extracted CBD oil. Butane honey Oil is extracted through the use of Butane. The majority of Butane Honey Oil CBD products are high in THC; thus not as popular amongst individuals who require CBD oil for its medicinal purposes.
- Rosin – Another type of extraction method for CBD oil. Both pressure and heat are used in this method. Oils are melted and squeezed from the plant. Rosin extraction techniques are used for both medicinal purposes and recreational purposes.
The Different Types Of CBD Oil Products
Apart from understanding the CBD oil can be extracted from hemp and other plants within the cannabis plant species, you should also know that there are different kinds of products on the market. Thus, before you can go out to buy a CBD oil product, you first need to decide why you need the CBD oil. This will help you determine the best type of CBD oil product for you. Here is a look at some common types of product that contain CBD oil.
- CBD Oil Tinctures – By far the most popular type of CBD oil product. Tinctures are easy to use and come in the form of an oil. The oil is usually dropped underneath your tongue, where it can be absorbed into your body quickly. CBD oil tinctures are good for managing pain and taking advantage of some other benefits offered by the oil.
- CBD Vaping Oil – An option for individuals who wish to smoke CBD oil. The oil is placed in a compatible vaping pen, and then inhaled as smoke. This option also offers many benefits, including a relief of pain.
- CBD Oil Pain Creams – A variety of pain creams have been designed to provide a targeted approach to relieving pain. The cream is applied to areas where pain is experienced on the body. Benefits can usually be experienced relatively quickly after the cream has been applied. The CBD Pain Balm with Emu Oil from CBD BioCare is a good option and example of a high-quality, effective pain cream.
- CBD Oil Supplements – Individuals who want to consume CBD oil on a daily basis but do not want to place anything under their tongue can opt for CBD oil supplements. These supplements come in different forms, but the majority are formed into gel capsules. You simply take the desired amount of capsules daily to reach your preferred daily dosage. These supplements are taken by mouth with a glass of water – quick and easy administration.
- CBD Oil Beauty Creams – CBD oil can also act on the skin as cannabinoid receptors have been found on the skin. For this reason, many beauty products also include CBD oil. There are different types of beauty creams, including sunscreens, night creams, and more. An excellent example is the CBD Oil Night Rejuvenating Cream from CBD BioCare.
- CBD Oil Chewing Gum – This is an excellent option for administering CBD oil for the purpose of relieving pain and inflammation, as well as for treating the symptoms of anxiety. Additionally, chewing gum that contains CBD oil can also help to relieve symptoms like vomiting and nausea. The reason why CBD oil chewing gum is so effective is because the cannabinoids can interact directly with the mucosal membranes of the mouth; thus causing faster absorption of the compounds.
- CBD Oil Candies – Similar to the CBD oil chewing gum option, some brands have started to produce candy that contains CBD oil. This gives you a tasty, sweet way to get your daily dose of CBD oil to help you relieve anxiety, pain, and other symptoms that can be effectively treated through CBD oil.
CBD oil offers many health benefits to the body and can even be used to treat some common ailments without the need for any pharmaceutical interventions. There are different ways CBD oil can be administered. Understanding the different products available and the administration techniques behind them can help you better determine what product would be best for you. In this guide, we provided a complete overview of the most common types of CBD oil products you can find on the market, and also looked at the different extraction methods.